WA’S ULTRA RUNNING SERIES POINTS COMPETITION
Ultra Series WA is a unique ultra running competition whereby runners earn points by running in six Ultra Series WA events comprising:
– The Feral Pig 23km, 50km, 50 mile & 100 mile Trail Races on the Bibbulmun Track on 11 & 12 Nov 2017
– The Australia Day Ultra 50km and 100km events at Australind on 20 January 2018
– Trails & Ales 100k/50k/25k Stage Race Ultra 24 March 2018
– The Light Horse Ultra, 3 hour, 6 hour and 12 hour races at Yellagonga Regional Park in Woodvale on 28 April 2018.
– The Wild Goose Chase Running Festival held in the Avon Valley on 29 Jun – 1 Jul 2018, distances 50km to 100km.
– Yaberoo Trail Ultras, 15km, 25km & 50km events 29 July 2018
* Prizes for each overall male and female.
HOW THE POINTS COMPETITION WORKS
The points system is age graded off the current world listings for road races.
Your age grade is given as your percentage as points. Ie 97% grade will give you 97 points.
In addition to f this, runners will get bonus points.
These are earned by:
– 1 point for every km
– Bonus 15 points for 1st place (M & F)
– Bonus 10 points for 2nd place (M & F)
– Bonus 5 points for 3rd place (M & F)
– Bonus 10 points for AURA member
– There may very well be some additional ways to earn bonus points which will only be announced on the morning of each event
Points will be calculated on your four best results.If you only enter four races, all four results will be used.