WA’S ULTRA RUNNING SERIES POINTS COMPETITION
Ultra Series WA is a unique ultra running competition whereby runners earn points by running in four Ultra Series WA events comprising:
– The Feral Pig 50km or 50 Mile Trail Races at Pickering Brook on 2 July 2016
– The Light Horse Ultra, 3 hour, 6 hour and 12 hour races at Yellagonga Regional Park in Woodvale on 12 November 2016. Website launches May 1st.
– The Australia Day Ultra 50km and 100km events at Australind on January 21 2017
– The Wild Goose Chase Running Festival held in the Avon Valley on 20 -21 May 2017, distances 50km to 100km. Website launches December 1st..
* Prizes for each overall male and female.
HOW THE POINTS COMPETITION WORKS
The points system is age graded off the current world listings for road races.
Your age grade is given as your percentage as points. Ie 97% grade will give you 97 points.
In addition to f this, runners will get bonus points.
These are earned by:
– 1 point for every km
– Bonus 15 points for 1st place (M & F)
– Bonus 10 points for 2nd place (M & F)
– Bonus 5 points for 3rd place (M & F)
– Bonus 10 points for AURA member
– There may very well be some additional ways to earn bonus points which will only be announced on the morning of each event
Points will be calculated on your three best results.If you only enter three races, all three results will be used.